Nowadays, people are putting a lot of effort in being fit and achieving maximum health. They go to the gym, they try to eat right (not all of them, of course), and they invest in their general well-being. At the same time, some individuals go over the edge and turn fitness into a way of life. I am referring to those people who lift weights as a sport, and they always seek to improve themselves. That can be achieved with the help of knowledge. Aside from the internet, where do you think you find that knowledge? In weightlifting books, of course.
Science has brought a lot of light in weightlifting. That is because studies have been conducted, and researchers found new and better ways to develop your muscle mass. At the same time, weightlifters share their experiences with the help of books; they share what works and what does not, which is why people seek their advice. And that is how weightlifting has become popular.
The benefits of weightlifting
The reason for which people start doing weightlifting are various. Some want to redefine their bodies, while others want to turn a hobby into a performance. The reason does not really matter, but there are multiple advantages regarding weightlifting. Here are the most notable.
- You will burn calories long after a workout – not many people know that, but your body will continue to burn calories for about 36 hours after the workout. That because the training gives your metabolism a boost. As a result, you will manage to lose some weight if that is what you are looking for. In fact, many people who want to lose a few pounds do some weightlifting so that the process goes a lot more smoother than with any other types of exercises.
- Your muscle mass will skyrocket – if you take on weightlifting, and if you do it for a long period of time, your muscles will look defined and bigger than before. Actually, that is logical, and that is the most common reason people perform this activity. The point is that you will look a lot better, and you will feel accomplished once you achieve your goal.
- Your bones will be healthier – as you may already know, inactivity has a negative impact on your bone structure. That is because your bone density will lower. Studies have shown that both cardio exercises and weightlifting improve the bone density. Therefore, you will have strong bones. However, further studies show that weightlifting adds to your bone health more than cardio training.
- You will have fewer chances of cardiovascular diseases – it is no secret that exercise lowers the chances of heart disease. While both cardio and weightlifting work for you in that area, the latter has a more significant impact.
Why buy a weightlifting book?
There are plenty of reasons a man or a woman buys a weightlifting book. Do you know why you are doing it? Chances are that you have never heard of their existence, and now that you know, you probably wonder why it is necessary. Here are a few reasons that should bring a little bit of light on the matter.
- You are a beginner – it is one thing to go to the gym three times a week, and it is entirely another to start doing weightlifting on a large scale. Believe it or not, weightlifting does not consist only of lifting weights. I know, that sounds a bit confusing. However, you need to know how to start, to learn at what level you are now, and how to start developing your muscles as you want. A weightlifting book will help you with that. It is the best way you can start your journey towards a leaner body. Always keep in mind that knowledge is power.
- You do not know how to eat – nutrition is a key factor in weightlifting. Not only that it gives you the energy you need, but it helps you grow. As you may already know, weightlifters need a lot of protein for muscle development, but that does not mean your body can live only off that. You can find thousands of tips online, but as we know, not all the information you find online is reliable. That is why books seem more legit than the online world. Keep in mind that nutrition is tricky. What may work for someone may not work for you. However, there are a few general guidelines that you can follow.
- Learn anatomy – believe it or not, you need to know anatomy in order to become a power weightlifter. It revolves mostly around the muscle groups. However, how do you expect to train correctly if you do not know what you are training exactly? That is tricky, and if you are a beginner, I bet you have not thought of that. Lucky for you, most weightlifting books have a few anatomy courses as far as muscle groups are concerned, so you will be fine.
- Learn how to train correctly – one thing is for certain: if you do not train properly, you will not achieve the goals you set. You can watch hundreds of videos to see how to train, but a weightlifting book will teach you the science behind the movement, which will make things a bit more logical for you. That way you will know how to perform every exercise correctly.
How to choose the best weightlifting book?
There is one thing you should remember: not all things work for all people. However, there are a few general guidelines that apply to everyone. Choosing the right book does not mean you will get the results you desire. That is why any book that guarantees you results is more or less of a scam. However, the best weightlifting book will teach you valuable things about how to discipline yourself rather than getting x results. The purpose is to better yourself at weightlifting, not listening to some false promises written in a book.
Weightlifting books reviews are also of help. I say that because many people have already read some of the books on the market, and they are the most qualified to tell you if they are well written and full of valuable information. Read some reviews so that you know that at least somebody else read a particular book and found it useful. Buying the first book you find is always a mistake.
What are the best weightlifting books?
Finding a valuable book is difficult, and mostly because there are so many of them out there. However, below you will find three excellent suggestions that got good reviews and are full of the information you need. I hope they are of help.
Bigger Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Male Body
Author: Michael Matthews
Number of pages: 357
This book is my first choice because it is a number one bestseller book in its category. Thousands of people have already bought it and have only good things to say about it. And I can see why. The testimonials are amazing. Many people broke their routines and became better at weightlifting thanks to this book, which is why I recommend it to you as well. You can get it on paper, Kindle, and Audio.
The book talks about various aspects of weightlifting and debunks a few common myths that you may also believe. It will teach you the mistakes you are already doing, and how you can discipline yourself in not doing them anymore. You can read tips and tricks about exercises, and how you can become a stronger person in just a few months.
One of the things I believe you will appreciate is that the book teaches you to exercise without spending thousands of dollars on supplements. I do not know if you are aware of this, but the supplement industry is worth billions, and that is because weightlifters think they need that to grow faster. It is true that you need protein, but you can get that fixed with seven correct meals per day. Also, you do not have to keep a crazy diet to get the results you want. The diet can be flexible if you want. So, if you want to know more about weightlifting, nutrition, and exercise routines, I advise you to buy Michael Matthews weightlifting book. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon
Strength Training Bible for Women: The Complete Guide to Lifting Weights for a Lean, Strong, Fit Body
Author: David Kirschen
Number of pages: 288
We all know that a woman’s body is different from the one of a man’s, which is why women need different advice when it comes to weightlifting. This book meets that criterion and teaches women how to become fit and strong. It is an excellent book, and thousands of women have highly appreciated it over the years. You can find it on paper, but you can also buy the Kindle version.
The book will teach a number of things that you can apply. Some of the things that you will learn are how to define your body, how to lose weight as fast as possible, and how to maintain your motivation when you do not achieve the goals you set at the beginning of the program. The book also teaches you how to turn your home workspace or garage into a small but efficient workout space, and how to train in order to become stronger but at the same time not lose your feminine forms.
The author of this book has studied and learned the female anatomy and helps you look just the way you want in a few easy steps. Each step is detailed so that you do not miss anything, and if you follow the instructions correctly, you will get where you want to be. All you have to do is read the book and be patient. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon
Olympic Weightlifting: A Complete Guide for Athletes&Coaches
Author: Greg Everett
Number of pages: 628
This book is suitable for people who have already reached a certain level of fitness. Just as the title suggests, it is written for athletes and coaches. It analyzes weightlifting in depth, and I do want to point out the fact that if you are a beginner, you should buy a book that is more suitable for you, something that will prepare you for this book and the exercises it contains.
The book is very good, and many athletes have come out and said only good things about it. It helps you get rid of the routine and will mark your path to go to the next level. It is hard to achieve something more when you have already worked so hard to get as far as possible, which is why this book is so highly appreciated.
According to testimonials, every serious coach and avid practitioner should own this book. The author is a coach himself, which is why it will be easy to understand every exercise and every technique. If one thing is for certain, is that this book will take you to the next level. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon
I have to admit that each book I described above is meant for a different category of people, but I think that most people who are looking for a weightlifting book are beginners, which is why I recommend the Bigger Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Male Body by Michael Matthews. It will provide everything you want to know and will give you a great start. It is one of the best weightlifting books on the market, which is why I highly recommend it.
Taking on weightlifting may be hard at first, but with the right information, determination, and discipline, you can get wherever your heart desires. It is a lot of work, but the results are bound to come soon enough. A weightlifting book, whichever you may choose, will help you a great deal, but it will not do the work for you. Even so, I do recommend that you buy one. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Whatever They Told You About Weight Lifting Accessories Is Dead Wrong…And Here’s Why
- Introducing Bodybuilding Books
- The Demise of Best Weighted Vest
- Key Pieces of Weight Training Books for Beginners
- The War Against Best Weight Loss Supplement for Men
- An Impartial View of Best Weight Gainer
- Best Weight Loss Tea – the Story
- The Ultimate Weight Lifting Supplements Trick
- Warning Signs on Best Whey Protein Powder You Should Be Aware Of
- If You Read Nothing Else Today, Read This Report on Best Whey Protein Isolate
- What You Have to Know About Best Books on Strength Training
- Top Books on Weight Lifting Reviews!
- Best Whey Protein for Men – Overview
- Best Whey Protein for Weight Loss Reviews & Guide
- Best Whey Protein for Women – What Is It?
- The Battle Over Books on Weight Training and How to Win It
- Top Tips of Best Weight Scale
- The Rise of Bench Press Bench
- Key Pieces of Books on Strength Training
- The Death of Best Home Gym
- A Deadly Mistake Uncovered on Best Home Gym Equipment and How to Avoid It
- Un-Answered Questions Into Best Exercise Equipment Exposed
- Important Solutions for Best Home Exercise Equipment
- The Best Wheelbarrow Stories
- The Truth About Ab Machines
- The Upside to Olympic Weightlifting Books
- What Is So Fascinating About Best Weight Training Books?
- The Most Disregarded Fact About Weight Training Equipment Explained
- A Fool’s Manual to Weight Lifting Equipment Revealed
- If You Read Nothing Else Today, Read This Report on Best Strength Training Books
- Best Strength and Conditioning Books – an in Depth Anaylsis on What Works and What Doesn’t
- Buying Strength and Conditioning Books
- Facts, Fiction and Weight Training Books
- New Questions About Weightlifting Books Answered and Why You Must Read Every Word of This Report
- Thoughts on Weightlifting Books in an Easy to Follow Order